At Charles and Charles PLLC, our business law practice serves small and medium-sized businesses. Our clients include individual solo proprietors and
multi-shareholder companies. They range from startups to companies that have been in operation for years. Our services cover the life cycle of our clients’ businesses starting with the
formation of the business, through its operations and in some cases the dissolution, winding up or sale of the business.
Starting the business: We provide the following services at this stage
- Advice on the best legal business entity to form taking into account the client’s current and future objectives. These include limited liability company (LLC),
corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship, and non-profit.
- Preparation of the necessary formation documents and applying to the appropriate agency for registration of the business entity.
- Negotiation and preparation of internal governance documents that stipulate and regulate relations among the owners for multi-shareholder businesses (partnership
agreements, articles of association.
Operating the business: In the course of running their businesses, our clients utilize our services in these areas:
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing contracts (service contracts, employment, lease agreements).
- Representation before licensing authorities for obtaining and maintaining business licenses and permits (vendor license, liquor license).
- Advising on good corporate governance practices and necessary measures to ensure the entity is in good standing with regulatory agencies.
Ending the business: Our services at this stage of include:
- Business succession planning
- Advising on the orderly winding up of the business (selling the business, disposing assets, terminating subsisting contracts, filing the appropriate notices).